Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Fatboy Mecha

I decided to take a short break from the Macross stuff so I could work on something a bit more free form and off the top of my head. The macross mecha are of course great but ttediously recreating the detail is a bit dull. I've had several weapon designs done for quite a while and wanted a body to go with them so I started piecing one together.

Initially the body on this was really wide which is where the Fatboy name came from but I may need to rename it now that he's slimmed down. Fatboy is still pretty dang catchy so I'll have to make a beefed up version of this so the name doesn't go to waste.

This is scaled for N-Scale and should measure aproximately 60mm when finished.

Original Fatboy Torso:




The Updated Version:







3 comments:

  1. The sleekness of the body makes me want him to have hands and hold a sleek particle accelerator. and have missle packs on his torso or shoulders. Save the guns arms for clunky fatboys that specialize in defense and don't move much.

    Nice designs on all of it BTW. Keep up the hard work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This thing could be an amazing proxy for 40K Tau Crisis Suits! Its just a splash small, near as I can tell...but I really like the look of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's almost indentical in size. What people use it for is up to them ;) I added some rough ideas for the legs in a new post earlier today.

    ReplyDelete