Sunday, January 27, 2013

Terrain Update

I finally got the prints in today, it took a little bit longer than expected as he was out with the flu. I've been lucky enough to dodge it this year, normally I get the flu bug almost every Jan without fail. Perhaps if I continue hiding at home for the next week maybe I can avoid that trend.

Due to the larger size on some of these pieces they were printed on an objet machine as it helps keep the cost down a bit and also has a larger build area available. To optimize the print quality they were printed in halves that can be paired together. This helps elminate excess contact points for the support material and also helps keep the pieces from bowing. (Not that I knew any of this initally) I was going on Paul's advice as I'm lost when dealing with the technical aspects of printing, I just make models.

Here's some shots of the raw master parts, they need to be cleaned and primed for molding.

(Infinity Orc Trooper shown for scale)




After a bit of sanding and clean up I got the first two casts complete. While I'm not all that skilled at painting I gave them a quick paint job to help show some of the detail. Because I'm a goof I forgot to take shots of the resin casts prior to painting. I'll update with pics of the bare resin shortly.

I printed out some graphics on self-stick mailing labels as I'd never be able to freehand that stuff.




No comments:

Post a Comment